domingo, 8 de agosto de 2010

Hello folks! o/

Well, this is my blog for the CAE prep course, and as my first post I decided to tell you a bit more about myself since some of you might find it interesting to get to know me a little better (or not hahaha).

As I said before my name is Guilherme, but as my full name is Guilherme Shimabuko Silva Rocha, everyone rather call me Shimabuko or any variation of it, such as Shima, Shimi, Shishima, Shishima Jr, Shi, or anything else you can think of.
I really enjoy reading and writing and about two years ago I created my first blog in which I still post some poems and some stories that I write. I decided to create a new blog for this because I thought the old one might be a little too personal to be mixed with class stuff. If you want to know what I write about, you will find the link that leads to it in the right side of the blog.

Another interest of mine is music. The kind of music that I hear the most is rock. Mainly some old bands such as Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Rolling Stones and Beatles. But this is not the only thing I like to hear, actually I’m a little eclectic when it comes to music. I like MPB and Pop music as well, and I can even stand a few “sertanejo” groups or if I’m in a party I might dance funk even though this is not the kind a music that I like. The only music that I can’t bear in any situation is Axé music.

What else can I say about me? Well As a Japanese descendant I’m quite a fan of Japanese animation, or as we usually call it, Anime. I’m not one of those guys who walk around the school with a Naruto’s bandana, but I enjoy watching it and I won’t spend any time denying it. I also like playing RPG, and there is a dark secret about me and I must tell you. I read Twilight from Stephen Meyer and I did like it =P. It’s not my favorite book or anything close to that, I know it has lots of stupid parts, but I think it is an ok book to read when you have nothing else to do, and I had a good time reading it before it became a best seller. By the way, so that you know, I didn’t (and wouldn’t) spend a single penny on it. I borrowed the books.


I think that’s all for now. See you around guys!

Shimabuko

Um comentário:

  1. Hi Shimabuko,

    I'd just written a very long comment but somehow I managed to lose it as blogspot wasn't accepting my wordpress username... let's see if this one is going to be accepted, right?!

    So, this is a fantastic introductory post as it certainly tells us all a bit more about you. As we're going to spend at least one semester together, it's only nice if we all at least have a chance to know one another better, right?!

    Guilty secrets... who hasn't got them, eh?! I must say I'm also an RPG fan, and I used to play Vampire the masquerade, D&D, and others. There was a time when RPG was slightly more famous in Brasília and a whole bunch of people would gather to play at what is currently known as 'Espaço Cultural Renato Russo'. On account of that, the first time I heard so many people talking about Twilight, I knew I had to read the books. However, I couldn't get past half the first book. It was just inconceivable for me to read about a vampire standing in the sun... I bet Anne Rice also agrees with me. By the way, have you ever read the vampire chronicles written by her? I guess the first book is 'Interview with the Vampire'. The whole series is awesome!

    But, as I said, who hasn't got a guilty secret, right? Mine is being a Sex and the City fan. But then, as the saying goes, diversity is the spice of life. How boring (or great, depending on the perspective) would it be if all people liked the same things?

    About the bands, man, those were the days! Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, Pink Floyd, Janis Joplin, Jimmy Hendrix... good stuff all along the way!

    I've really enjoyed reading this first post of yours. I hope you all find this blogging idea helpful in your studies.

    Cheers,

    Henrick

    ResponderExcluir