quarta-feira, 18 de agosto de 2010

Mock Test

Well, the previous post was a little personal, some sort of an unburden, so I decided to make a second post talking about the Mock test. Well, I found it a little more difficult than what I was expecting, mainly the “Use of English” – Yeah, you were right… - but I think the result was good. It is important to have a mock test in the beginning of the semester so that we can tell whether we are doing the enrollment or not. Besides that, the test and the first class helped me to see how I still have a lot to learn. About the execution of the test, I must say I don’t really have a pattern, but in the reading, I think what I most usually do is to read the text before the questions, and then just scan through it to find the answers. But what concerns me the most is the writing part of the test. Why? Because even though I love writing, it is always hard for me to write about something someone else has told me to and because I always spend too much time thinking of how to begin the text. This time I waste I have to recover by writing faster, which can be a disaster since my natural handwriting is already not very pleasant to read. But I think I can deal with it somehow.
Well, that’s all I have to say by now, so… See ya!
Shimabuko

Um comentário:

  1. Writing can certainly be a means of catharsis for many people, so keep those posts coming. It's much easier to carry the load if we share the load, right?!

    You've nailed it about taking the exams in the beginning of the semester. Not only will it be useful for you guys to check your grades, but you'll also be able to see how much you've improved by the end of the semester. There are always some differences between the exams - some are harder than others - but it's still possible for you guys to see progress and have evidence all your effort didn't go down the drain.

    I guess you'll also have a different approach to the questions after some of our classes. We'll be sharing strategies throughout the course and I hope you find one that works for you and help you make more effective use of time.

    As far as paper 2 is concerned, well, you've got to realise you'll be writing for an exam, so there are a couple of things which are pretty much mechanical. Your coursebook writer was kind enough so as to provide you guys with a whole bunch of useful language for you to start your texts, develop your ideas, and even end your pieces of writing. Cool, huh?! All you'll have to do is try to remember such chunks. If you use them when writing your compositions in class, you're bound to remember them on the day of the test as well. :)

    Cheers!

    ResponderExcluir