segunda-feira, 11 de outubro de 2010

New project - Project school (New book)

Hello guys! Long time no see! It's been quite a time that I don't post anything, don't you think?

Well today's post is a new experience for me. I might say it is an innovative project in my life.
I had already told you tha during my free time I'm a writter... What you will (or won't) read here is a new book I decided to write. For some obscure and misterious reason I have decided to write it in english, so I'm going to post here, weekly I hope, the chapters I write. What do you think?

Well, first let me tell you how this "book" came to my wierd mind. I received, recently, the news about the new Harry Potter movie. This made me think of how important Harry Potter was to me. It was one of the first real books I have read, it was one of the best, and undoubtedly the most inspiring. I allways say that I write because I wanted to cause on someone, the same effect that J. K. Rowlling caused on me. Well, after that I realised I have never seem any other book in the same style as hers. One think led to the other, and I started thinking of this project. The rest is all about my creative proccess and reading about it might be a little dull to you, so I'm gonna skip it.

Finally I had some nice ideas of how to put those thoughts on the paper, and here it is. First chapter, and hopefully there will be a lot more!



Chapter One – The Raccoon

The weather was hot and dry, the sky was clean and with no clouds. The Sun was vigorously shining. This could be called a regular day in the life of a children who was born in Brasília, Brazil’s capital, but it seemed that this statement couldn’t be applied to a 13 years old boy.

Willian was standing astonished in front of a gobsmacked Mr. Holton, the principal of a regular school. Five minutes before, Willian, after an unfair discussion about his behavior, had transformed his geography teacher into a raccoon in front of the principal’s eyes. Unfortunately, this happened to be the first magic performed by him, and being so, he and Daniel Holton found themselves in a loss of words.

After a few minutes, but still a little disoriented, the principal decided to put Ricardo, the former geography teacher and the recently transformed raccoon, inside a small cage.

- Do you have anything to say? – asked Mr. Holton

- Actually, I have… This is the first time I’ve seem a raccoon. I mean, live.

- Do you think this is a joke?! – the principal replied ferociously

- I do not sir… I was just trying to break the ice. Believe it or not, I’m just as surprised as you. I mean, this has never happened before, and even though Mr. Ricardo was, with all the respect, an asshole, I didn’t have the intention to do this. Whatever this is.

- Well, we gotta do something about it. About Ricardo, and about you mainly…

Barely had Mr. Holton said those words, his secretary knocked the door anxiously.

- Can’t you tell I’m busy Fernanda?

- I’m sorry sir… - she felt embarrassed, but the man behind her was really threatening and he was determined to get his message to Daniel Holton immediately – There is this man who wants to talk to you…

- Tell him to wait and I’ll talk to him after I deal with this…. Situation here… - Said the principal trying to make the best choice of words.

- He is saying he knows about your situation and has a solution for both of your problems… The one with the boy and the one with the… Raccoon?






Hope you like it... See ya,
Shimabuko


PS: I haven't corrected it yet, so if there are lots of mistakes, forgive me (telling me would be a great idea), and enjoy the reading...

2 comentários:

  1. Hi Shimabuko,

    First of all, I would like to say that every one has his/her talent. And they must be encouraged into whatever they are good at. You're soo good at writing, then you should make a good effort improving your skills.

    I hope that you keep this project going, you'll learn a lot from it.

    About your first chapter, I'm a little bit confused. I didn't quite understand the context of the history, but i'm sure that i'll get more info as chapters are being released.

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Hey Pedro! Yes, you're right, I will give you, readers, more information with the rest of the story. This was sort of an introductory chapter and I'm still going to make some changes in it.

    See ya!
    Shimabuko

    ResponderExcluir